[photo via Terry Richardson]
This is really Two Weeks On The Wall as I was on vacation all last weekend. So, here’s an extra long set of links for your consideration;
- 200 Year-Old [and still drinkable!] Champagne found at the bottom of the Baltic Sea [read Dr. Vino’s take]. It’s thought to be Veuve Cliquot from the 1780s.
- Three excellent Sangria recipes (one of each color) with a great tutorial [Sangria 101, via Serious Eats]
- Is the rise in screw-capped bottles contributing to the destruction of Portuguese wildlife? [via Telegraph.co.uk]
- A $12 Million grant for development of ‘new’ Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc flavors is worrying many industry spectators [via Cork’d]
- 15% off coupon for Sorella Wine & Spirits [print it out]
- Nice pair of Top 5′s from CP’s Hot Dish Blog – the 5 most jinxed restaurant spaces in Minneapolis and Saint Paul. I work pretty close to Caribe and just noticed it changed over from Jay’s. Suppose I’ll have to stop in.
- W. Blake Gray writes a break-up letter to Pinot Noir [via The Gray Market Report]. “You’re sleeping with Syrah. Don’t try to deny it. I smell it on your breath.”
- The T-Wolves’ Corey Brewer has a PET GOAT? [via North of MPLS]
- And finally, whenever I’m too lazy or tipsy to write an actual wine tasting note, I’ll probably just be using this automatic tasting note generator. Fave so far: “Somewhat but equally closed Rhone. Resembles melted crayon, overcooked smokey liverwurst and lingering doritos. Drink now through 2007.”
Have a great weekend!